Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
Snook
Follower
Follower

Camera light on base station is solid orange tried to reboot stayed orange

20 REPLIES 20
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Power down the base for a couple mins and the turn on

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Ronan_H
Initiate
Initiate

HI, I have the same problem. Power and Internet lights are green but camera light is solid orange. Tried powering down and then restarting, same issue. Tried resetting and re-syncing all 4 cameras (the green light on base station flashes and each camera in turn's blue light behaves as if it is connecting and connected) but once camera appears connected the camera light on the base station returns to solid orange.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support using the button at the bottom here.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ronan_H,

This indicates that the base station needs to be claimed. Log in to your account and click "Add Device". Select base station and follow the on screen instructions. After the base station is added, you can then start syncing cameras.

JamesC

Ronan_H
Initiate
Initiate

Yes thanks JamesC - I did figure this out in the end, but first you have to remove the device from your account and then add the device again. 

MoeGorm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James.

I see your solution to the previous problem but I wonder if you can tell me how to get my base station to show in my devices list as it and my cameras have disappeared and my issue is exactly as this one except I can't claim the base station as it doesn't show anywhere, even after multiple hard resets. Any ideas? System is 10 months old with no previous issues.

Thanks in advance.

M.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove everything from Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras as if new.

PKett
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here... resetting does nothing, unplugging everything and returning to it the next day does nothing, cannot connect cameras (even though the lights all do as they should), and i cannot "remove" the base station or cameras from my devices because they are not showing up, just says 5 cameras then when i click it nothing is there....

steve_t
Master Master
Master

@PKett wrote:

Same issue here... resetting does nothing, unplugging everything and returning to it the next day does nothing, cannot connect cameras (even though the lights all do as they should), and i cannot "remove" the base station or cameras from my devices because they are not showing up, just says 5 cameras then when i click it nothing is there....

Strange. You have surely fallen into the trap of sync'ing the cameras to the base before adding the base to your account. Not sure why you can't remove the cameras though. Perhaps if the full factory reset isn't working, you'll need to contact support and see if there's something on their end they need to change. As you've described, you can't see a base but you can see cameras. Can you see cameras under settings > My devices? 
Are you trying through the app or website? Have you tried both?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

PKett,

If the camera LED is solid amber, this indicates you need to claim the base station. Log in to your account, click add device and select base station. Follow the on-screen instructions and be sure the device you are using is connected to the same network as your base station.

JamesC

Br10der1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried all of the things here in this thread and now I still have the orange light and none of my cameras are added and it won't let me add them back. Called tech support and they said I have to pay them for a third tier tech to fix it. All I did was change the batteries, before that it was working fine. So now I have spent $400 for something I can't use because I will not spend one more penny on this piece of crap that i have had nothing but trouble with since i bought it. If someone has a free solution please let me know. It would be great if someone from arlo would give me an answer.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You didn't call Netgear support if they wanted to charge you money.

Detail exactly what you did, in what order. Normally, removing all devices from Settings, My Devices is all that's needed. Then you can use the Add Device button in the Devices tab to add the base.

Br10der1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did the remove all devices then it wouldn't let me put them back in. It wouldn't let me do anything. I finally got it working after a little messing around with it myself. I had to disconnect everything and reconnect and it would finally let me use the reset button which wasn't working prior. The light was still orange but it started to let me add the base and cameras back in finally. Thank you for answering me though.
badarip55
Aspirant
Aspirant

Jeanine
Aspirant
Aspirant
Help, I’m having this same problem. I can’t get my new Arlo cameras to synchronize with the base station. Camera light is solid amber.
Jeanine
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem - how do I fix it
Br10der1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Try discontinuing everything and then re contact after a few minutes. When everything comes back on press and hold the reset button until it reboots. And I think I did the same with the power button but it's been a while so I'm not sure so just try it anyway. After that it would finally let me back in to re add the base station and then the cameras.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like you're not following the order in the QSG. First you claim the base - have you done that? Then you sync the cameras. The base doesn't automagically work - you have to add it to your account.

Jmaraglia2012
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a solid orange light on my base station but every time I reset it all green lights are on but then it goes back to an orange light I can not seem to get it back online
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you read through this thread and perform the steps laid out, especially post 11? The amber Camera LED means the base needs to be claimed.