Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
djlaw202
Follower
Follower

I have a 4 camera system with the option to add a 5th camera.  While I was away 3 of the camera' batteries died.  I changed all 4 just today.  3 are working fine and picked up where left off.  The 4th one keeps saying a firmware update is available.  I click update, it says update in progress, but then goes back to the same screen saying firmware update available.  This camera also wont give me the live feed option but the other 3 have live feed option and work fine

10 REPLIES 10
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

djlaw202 wrote:

I have a 4 camera system with the option to add a 5th camera.  While I was away 3 of the camera' batteries died.  I changed all 4 just today.  3 are working fine and picked up where left off.  The 4th one keeps saying a firmware update is available.  I click update, it says update in progress, but then goes back to the same screen saying firmware update available.  This camera also wont give me the live feed option but the other 3 have live feed option and work fine

There have been several reports from other users that manual (i.e. forced) firmware updates fail. I experienced the same.

Just leave it alone and the camera will eventually update by itself. Is the camera's firmware version different from the others' though?

You may also want to try opening and closing the battery compartment of that one camera, then wait for it to update itself. This can take a day or two.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

djlaw202,

Did the camera firmware for the affected camera update on its own? Please let us know if you are still having trouble with the firmware update for this camera.

JamesC

WolKe
Aspirant
Aspirant
I bought a system with 2 cameras. Both worked well. After 3 days one camera is @updating firmware. Don't take the batteries off."
The update runs now since 24 hours. What shall I do.
WolKe
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Reboot the base with the power switch. What are the LEDs in the camera doing? If nothing, open and close the battery door.

rosalie458
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have one camera out of 4 that shows a green screen indicating a firm ware update available. Won't allow live feed. I press update and nothing going happens.
rosalie458
Aspirant
Aspirant
Please provide resolution.thanks
tinokremer
Apprentice
Apprentice

For those having the same issue. I have had the issue last night, 3 of my 5 cameras were showing the "Update available" green overlay and neither of them would actually update. I fixed it by:

• Restarting base (not really sure this is needed)
  • Opening the battery door on one of the cameras
  • Closing the battery door and have the camera sync up
  • Go into Devices, click on the device, then on firmware (green arrow) and the Update button

It now updates fine. I did my cameras one by one. All are online and updated now.

anan61781
Aspirant
Aspirant
This fixed the issue and I was able to finally update the camera! Thanks so much!!!
irtermite
Initiate
Initiate
Is there a way to reboot the base remotely? I'm not seeing it.

Not only is the option to manually update camera firmware failing without message and just going back to asking to be updated again, but the feed is not accessible. This leaves the system useless.

This is completely unacceptable behavior for a security camera system. Not being notified ahead of time doesn't allow for planning while traveling and leaves you vulnerable. How to resolve remotely?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Reboot the base in Settings, My Devices, your base, Restart button at the bottom.