Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DerekT13
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 wireless cameras. One camera is set up to record on motion and I noticed that it is not recording as often as it should. For the past couple months, I have been going in the Arlo app and I have tried to play any one of my cameras and they will not play, but instead I get a message saying "Camera is offline" for each of the cameras. The only way for me to get the cameras back online is to reboot the base from the Arlo app. So every day, I am having to do this manual process. This happens constantly. I have tried replacing the batteries in all of the cameras. I have also tried resyncing all of the cameras, but nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any suggestions to potentially resolve this issue aside from the things I have already tried?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
gljohn0
Tutor
Tutor

It sounds similar to the issue I had previously with the Android app (Samsung S6).  In a nutshell, the Android app updated one night and knocked all of my cameras offline.  HOWEVER, if I pulled up the Arlo app on my IOS devices or from the computer, everything worked as designed.  Arlo techs worked on the issue for over a week and then updated the Android app again.  It worked.

Have you tried viewing the cameras on your computer through the my arlo connection?

DerekT13
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you, gljohn0. I will give it a try, but I don't think that's the issue because the camera stops recording before I launch the app.