Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Tedrowbott
Tutor
Tutor

I have two wifi cameras never had a problem until recently. I have one camera above my garage door. At night it goes off more than 30 times. I can’t see any motion. I have charged batteries and tried both but same result. I have wiped lens no difference. In summer I noticed moths as there is a driveway light on. Last night in rain same result. This is very frustrating. Is this a software update? It was not my plan to replace every couple years. Not to mention all critters are recorded. I wanted to record human activity which it has done. Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would change the sensitivity setting in your modes and rules and consider repositioning cameras to eliminate potential sources of movement and/or IR sources/reflections.

Tedrowbott
Tutor
Tutor
I lowered the sensitivity and got the same result. I will do a camera test inside where I know nothing moves.
Tedrowbott
Tutor
Tutor
I didn’t get any issue inside. Therefore it must be IR sources/reflections. would an outdoor light reflecting on a car windshield do this? Any other IR sources? Thanks.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The sun's IR is so strong that it can reflect off things much less shiny than a windshield. Of course, it really boils down to IR reflectivity which is generally different from what our eyes see.

Tedrowbott
Tutor
Tutor
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I get the occasional night video of cars from my video doorbell (my other cameras are tilted down so the road isn't in view). I surmise it's engine heat and/or something about the headlights that cause the trigger. I use a small zone and reduced motion sensitivity to minimize, but not eliminate, these false triggers, as I mentioned before.