Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera does work once switched from one base station to another base station at different home

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
viking123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have 3 bases stations in 3 separate homes.  One of the cameras I installed in one of the homes I later moved to another home.  After moving it to another home this camera is no longer working correctly.  I was able to sync this camera with my new home arlo network.  When I log in and go to 'Cameras' it sometimes is there but usually is not. 

When I am able to view the camera the network on the home that I originally synced it with immediately goes offline.

To me it appears that there is a conflict of some kind due to the fact that the camera was sycned at a later point to a new base station on a separate internet network.

Please adivse how I can get this camera to work.

thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

viking123,

When you say that it is sometimes there but usually is not is the camera actually no longer on the cameras screen or is it displaying an error message? If so, what error message do you see? Did you remove the camera from the original system by navigating to Settings, Camera order and deleting the camera? Let us know!

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I just moved a camera from one base to another with no problem. I did as JamesC said and removed it from the first base station before doing anything else. I suspect that lack of doing this is the problem since you wouldn't want someone stealing a camera and being able to use it on another system.

viking123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

thanks for the reply.

I did a full factory reset of the base unit where the one camera is not working.

I then re-synced all 3 cameras that apply to that home's base unit.  Initially all three cameras work.  then the next time I log-in it says 'camera offline'.

I thought it might be that the signal is too weak but when it does happen to work (1 out of 10 times) it shows up at 4 of 5 'signal bars'.  Also it usually comes up as 'camera offline' even if I move the camera to right next to the base unit.

Strange how it works on some occaisions but not usually.

With regards to the old home, the camera is not show under 'Camera Settings' or 'Camera Order'.  This part has been revised to how I want it to be.

thanks,

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

viking123,

Consider swapping the location of that camera with one that is behaving normally. This will help isolate the issue further. If a second camera behaves the same way in that location in may be an interference issue that is causing the camera to drop offline. Alternatively, you could try relocating the base station. Elevating it and moving it closer to the affected camera could help strengthen the signal and reduce interference allowing the camera to communicate more easily with the base station. Please let us know the results!

JamesC