Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
PRSLLL777
Tutor
Tutor

11 REPLIES 11
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Need more info

is it the base or the cameras going off-line

what are the LED showing on the base unit

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
PRSLLL777
Tutor
Tutor

Only one camera is constantly going offline with one other occassionally going off.  When I climb up and move batteries it goes back online.  I don't have to change the batteries just pull one out and put it back.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

By pulling the batteries, you are resetting the camera.... what may work better is to swap the cameras and see if the major problem follows the camera or is it location/interference

Morse is faster than texting!
PRSLLL777
Tutor
Tutor

Actually I was thinking of switching cameras, but never got around to it.  However today I woke up to all 5 of my cameras being offline which has never happened before.  I haven't been able to get them back and my internet is working on everything else so I am not sure why this is happening.

brh
Master
Master

@PRSLLL777

Firstly, try to power off your base unit for 1 minute and then power it back up and let it boot up.

If you are using an android phone, be sure to update the Arlo app that was released last night. Ios should be fine.

If you are using a browser on your PC then delete your browsing history.

Look at all the posts on these subjects that were posted to find other solutions if these don't work.

Brian

lisalarmand
Initiate
Initiate

When I log into the Arlo app, it tells me my cameras are offline. I have turned off my modem and router and rebooted them. I have unlugged my base station and plugged it back in. All three lights are solid green, but my cameras are still offline as is the base station according to my app. I tried syncing my cameras again. They flash blue and then go out. Cameras are still offline. Message says "Your Arlo device appears offline." Everything else I own is connected to the wifi, so I know my wifi is working. This is the second time this month that this has happended. I think my lightweight plastic base station is a piece of junk and has stopped working. I invested in 2 base stations and 4 cameras (home and work). Not to mention the money I've spent on Tenergy rechargable batteries. I'm very disappointed in Arlo. You get what you pay for. I'm going to have to invest more money in a higher quality security system (which I should've done in the first place).

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your system is working. The display is not. Use a browser - any difference? If you get a "different tab" message, clear the cookies in the browser and try again.

PRSLLL777
Tutor
Tutor

Four of my five cameras are saying they are offline and nothing I do seems to work.  I have tried to re sync them, but that doesn't work.  It can't be the  internet because the one camera is still online and everything else on wifi works.  I don't know what to do.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Power cycle the base. Log out and back in. Try both the app and a computer browser.

PRSLLL777
Tutor
Tutor

Cameras are back, but they won't record.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are the running men for each camera black or gray? Have you checked your active mode?