Camera connection

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Tony2641
Aspirant
Aspirant

Purchased Add on camera VCM3030 for my system. Camera connects to system but has  no video. Yet when the motion detects something it sends me a notice with a photo. It will also record the event. 

The window asks me to click to upgrade When I click upgrade, the upgrade runs for a few moments stating do not remove batteries from camera, and comes up with a message OFFLINE.

At this point the motion detector no longer sends notices till I reboot the camera but still no video.

Is there a fix for this or should I send back the camera?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Reboot the camera, hit the update for Sw and wait... overnight

It may auto update over night ...

If not the next day, then  power button recycle the base uint

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Tony2641
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks after the over night wait camera did go on line.Problem now it keeps dropping the connection,shows offline and still sends notices on motion with picture and somtimes even a  clip. I've rebooted camera,base station and my modem from comcast. I've moved my cameras around and I'm on the same networks with in the system.

Thank You again, your doing a great job.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tony2641,

If you're still getting push notifications and video clips from the camera, it sounds like the "offline" message may be a display issue. Do you get the same behavior when viewing from other devices (PC, mobile phone, etc)?

JamesC