Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera can't be added

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
onislandtime
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, I've had the original Arlo system for 3-4 years now and it's worked fine, if not perfectly. I removed one camera that kept going off-line to see if it would "reset" it with no issues, however now the camera isn't picked up by the base station when I go through the process to add it back on. I only get the blue light (on camera) constantly flashing - I've had to remove the batteries to stop it from draining. I've tried to add the camera by using my phone and desktop, but nothing happens. I've tried several times already, even with new batteries. Has anyone had this issue or can point me to a discussion already out there that resolved this? Thank you!
3 REPLIES 3
brh
Master
Master

@onislandtime,

The camera may be giving up the ghost but first, there are several things you can try. Firstly, try removing the power from the base for a couple of minutes then powering it back up. allowing the base and cameras to correct any corrupted firmware. Secondly, I have had instances where the cameras culd not be found by using the app although you do not need the app to sync the cameras. You could simply briefly press the sync button on the base followed by briefly pressing the sync button on the camera. As a last resort, you can remove all the devices from your account and do a factory reset then add everything back.

Good luck,

Brian

onislandtime
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Brian! I've tried the first suggestion, but still no connection. The camera blue light keeps flashing. I'll try the second one, but hope both base and existing added camera will reconnect. BTW, what do you mean by "the camera may be giving up the ghost..."?

brh
Master
Master

@onislandtime.

Sorry, I mean that after three or four years, the camera may be dying. I believe you said that you were using the original cameras. There can be issues with the battery connections. Two things - firstly, carefully be sure that the battery contacts in the camera are clean and have not been pushed down, and secondly, drop the batteries in then let the pressure of the closing of the battery cover exert the correct amount of pressure on the batteries, ( batteries from different manufacturers vary in height and thickness).

Brian