Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
tgebhard
Follower
Follower
Is there a way to adjust the camera brightness for dimly lit areas such as a porch alcove?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

tgebhard wrote:
Is there a way to adjust the camera brightness for dimly lit areas such as a porch alcove?

Go to the camera in question... Hit the play ( live stream ) button... while playing a "sun" will apper on the bottom of frame ...click on it and a slider bar will appear.

there are low, mid, high ( if I remember right ).

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

tgebhard wrote:

Go to the camera in question... Hit the play ( live stream ) button... while playing a "sun" will apper on the bottom of frame ...click on it and a slider bar will appear.

there are low, mid, high ( if I remember right ).

MutuHouchen
Aspirant
Aspirant

What do the other icons beneath the camera refer to?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Snapshot (still) is the camera icon and record video is the "bullseye".

Cliffsomerset
Guide
Guide

Is the brightness setting used for setting th eilummination of of IR sensor and daytime sensors in recording or is it the adjustment on your camemra and sif the background is too dark or too bright?

Cliff

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

the brightness contol is only an adjustment of the iris ... for a bright or lower light level seen by the lens.

Cliffsomerset
Guide
Guide

Thanks Tom.

mountaindewbass
Apprentice
Apprentice

So if im having motion detection issues is it possible i have it set to bright?  the only problem is with at night time i want to boost the brightness, but during the day its to bright so i end up leaving it at full bright...but recently ive had alot of issues with motion detection not working..so im wondering

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

mountaindewbass wrote:

So if im having motion detection issues is it possible i have it set to bright?  the only problem is with at night time i want to boost the brightness, but during the day its to bright so i end up leaving it at full bright...but recently ive had alot of issues with motion detection not working..so im wondering

The iris brightness for the camera shouldn't make any diff on the IR sensor.. it just effects the amount of light in to the camera section... they are separate.

if in doubt make a test and let us know your results.