Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
MaxAlex1
Aspirant
Aspirant

This week I noticed that one of my cameras was offline. When I opened the camera I saw that one of the batteries was in upside down.  When I corrected the battery, the camera was 80% charged and worked fine.  This camera is located near my ring doorbell.  Is it possible that someone could have changed the battery without being detected by either camera? Is there anything I can do to prevent that from happening?  Whenever I take the camera down to change the batteries, it always records me doing that. There is a way to come in behind the camera undetected but you would need a little step ladder to reach it and moving the camera causes it to record.  Has anyone else had this happen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Your tagline has Arlo pro which uses only a battery pack ....if it is an original Arlo which uses for 1 2 3 cells, then it is possible you put one in upside down because it will function on one set of two for a shorter time

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Your tagline has Arlo pro which uses only a battery pack ....if it is an original Arlo which uses for 1 2 3 cells, then it is possible you put one in upside down because it will function on one set of two for a shorter time

Morse is faster than texting!
MaxAlex1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Perfect, TomMac!  That had to be it--and it is an original Arlo.  I wasn't aware that the camera would function on only 2 batteries for awhile.  I feel much better now.  Thanks so much!