Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera Setup Failure (Arlo single camera and base)

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
MDFischer
Initiate
Initiate

I cannot access a correctly synced camera- correctly as far as the hardware goes-

Here are the symptoms:

1. Base station shows a synched camera (green light for camera lit)

2. Browser window and iPhone app will not display camera. The display shows a text box on "how to sync a camera."

3. The base station is recognized by the software.

4. Using the "Library - Filter" tabs, the browser does not show a camera option- BUT the iPhone app lists the correct camera serial number.

5. The camera is not listed on the "camera order" tab on the browser or app.

6. The camera is located 12' away from the base station and in the same room.

I have performed a factory reset (twice) and also deactivated the base station and then reassociated it with my Arlo account. I also tried deleting the iPhone app and then reinstalling it. I thought it might be a router firewall issue, but the firewall is disabled.

None of these fixes have helped at all.

When first synced, I received a signal strength warning with a camera notification- but now I can't get that far.

Help!

5 REPLIES 5
kimwill
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue and performed the same trouble-shooting with no change.

MDFischer
Initiate
Initiate

The firmware updated automatically- now it seems the camera is functioning. I am having issues with the recording and file saving but I expect I will get that resolved. 

I just left the system alone for two days and it auto-updated.

It would be better if there were a note that told you it would do a firmware update.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kimwill,

Yesterday, several updates were released for the Arlo system. After these updates completed are you still having issues getting your system set up? If so please describe the issues you are having so we can further assist!

Thank you!

JamesC

Leonel53713
Aspirant
Aspirant
Try to set the sistem at the first time. And I did for many times and simple don't do anything the screen go s back to "ad device"
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

List exactly what you did as best as possible.  You may need to try a factory reset on the base first by pressing the reset button on the back until the LEDs flash amber. Let the base come back online with the power and Internet LEDs being green and try again.