Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jimmyboy34
Tutor
Tutor

Hi

The settings for the motion and recording on each camera keeps getting deleted every few weeks. Anybody else have this issue?

I do not know these have been deleted until I notice no camera detection and then go into my settings to have to check and see that all settings for each camera are deleted. it is a real pain having to set these up all the time and I do not know the cameras are not recording. Seems a problem from Arlo which needs an update.

Happens every 2-4 weeks

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You seem to have a unique issue, not something that others are experiencing. I'd suggest removing all devices from Settings, My Devices and hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Let the base reboot and start fresh. This should clear out any weirdnesses.  Be sure to note your settings, modes, rules and schedule to speed the rebuilding.

jimmyboy34
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks Guru

I have tried this several times. The camera is just useless as I do not know if I am covered with all my settings as they all get deleted on a regular basis.

Do you think my VPN would reset that?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use of a VPN is a huge thing that you hadn't mentioned. VPNs certainly can be an issue. You'll have to test and try things to see if that is the issue.