Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jeff
Star
Star

For your Camera, is there a way to remotely power cycle/reboot the camera?

My camera is showing that it is actively in use so I cannot see anything when going to camera. When I go to the settings to get a snapshot with Pan/Zoom, it tells me that the camera is in use and if I want to gain access, I need to reset the camera with a power cycle and since it is in use, it is not recording any video so it seems that the camera is stuck in ON mode. 

I also tried to reboot the base station but it also says that the camera is in use so that doesn't work either. 

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't believe there is any way to remote restart the camera if it's locked up.... Though rebooting the base and/or logging out then back in the program can fix many problems.

Sometimes tho, you just have to bite the bullet and get the cam and remove the batteries for a full reset... this may or may not require you to re-sync the cameras.(sometimes if in range and batteries put in quickly the cam will auto resync ) But, if it's really a camera problem , I'd leave the batteries out for a min or so.

I'd log out of the program... then remove the batteries and reset the camera.  Log back in and see if the problem continues. ( resync if necessary )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
jeff
Star
Star

@TomMac, Thanks. Yeah, was hoping that there was a way that I didn't know about. This would seem like an issue if you are away from home and was not able to "physically reset the camera" if something went wrong you don't have any recourse. I can see this being an issue if you are relying on the camera to monitor your home while away on vacation and you don't have a way to reset. I was hoping that by resetting the base, it would popup a notification asking you..... something like this: "Resetting the base will forcibly stop your camera from recording/streaming. Do you wish to continue?" 

Oh well, guess I'll have to go home and reset the camera tonight. 

jeff
Star
Star

@ChristineT You might want to get a log file from my base station to see why the Front Entry camera is stuck in "On" mode so you can send to the developers. Since there is currently no way to remotely reboot the system to get the camera back functioning correctly. When you go to the Front Entry Camera in Settings, the motion detector test does not say "Busy" but if you go to take a Snapshot from Pan/Zoom, you get this message, "Your camera is currently in use. Please wait for the action in progress to be completed to continue. You can also power down your camera and power it back up so that you can perform this action." Something is causing the camera not to be released from it's busy state which the base cannot access it. 

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon Jeff,

Thanks for reaching out. I will certainly pull the base station logs for our development team to review. When you get a moment I'd love to troubleshoot this issue with you via the telephone and engage engineering directly to quickly identify the root cause of this issue. I'll send you a private message with additional details.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention!

Christine - Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
Capete
Tutor
Tutor

If I forget to turn on the system before leaving, can it be activated by the APP in my smartphone.

Sure hope so. Please let me know soon.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes....

sign in, pick the mode that turns on motion... you'll see a very slight delay to see the motion hash mark green and then look at cams to verify the "little man " is green...G2G

Morse is faster than texting!