Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera Programming Changed

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
pleonard051225
Aspirant
Aspirant

About three weeks ago I noticed what I was seeing when I logged into my camera account had changed.  I've had them several years and other than a few minor problems - generally when the programmers changed something - I've had few problems. 

Overnight, I'm getting messages that I'm not connected to the internet, to check my batteries, to check my router, to check my cameras but I can't access the camera online through "Devices".   After tossing out probably $30.00 worth of batteries, BINGO - like magic! my online view goes back to what it had been before all this started!

I'd just like to say IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT! PLEASE!

My cameras are all outside and up high to avoid theft.  To check and reset the actual camera, not just the Arlo router and my own router, I have to get out a 6' stepladder, climb it, take down the camera, run into my house, go upstairs to my computer and view the website.  I must say I did get my exercise in those three weeks but it was all unnecessary because I believe it to be a programming thing because ultimately, I didn't change anything except good batteries.

In the future, I also will NOT recommend Arlo to friends who ask.  They started out great but whatever has been going on lately has not been fun.  How to take a good product and make it NOT good!

1 REPLY 1
pleonard051225
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry - I forgot to add - my cameras were recording throughout all of this.  Just couldn't get to the device online.