Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera Offline

Discussion stats
  • 27 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
jtam72
Follower
Follower

When I left my house all 5 cameras worked, a day after I left one camera went offline.  Is there a way to bring it back online while away from the home?  I tried restarting the base but that didn't work.  

27 REPLIES 27
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Unfortunately, that camera will need a battery pull or a re-sync. I had this when I went away and I got back to find the camera's batteries were flat. Luckily, for me, it was in an area that was covered by 2 cameras

ramsgoms
Guide
Guide

I have this problem almost every other week. It is already a nuisance to remove the camera to recharge (espcially in high traffic areas). This is a huge investment.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you didn't do your research and chose a battery operated camera that will always have this issue.

Dodgeme2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 cameras one says it's offline

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Dodgeme2 wrote:

Did you do a battery pull reset of the camera?

ramsgoms
Guide
Guide

jguerdat wrote:

If you didn't do your research and chose a battery operated camera that will always have this issue.

So you do discourage people from buying Arlo Pro then?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

ramsgoms wrote:

jguerdat wrote:

So you do discourage people from buying Arlo Pro then?

If someone wants a security camera to use in a very high traffic area and it cannot be connected to power or a solar panel, then yes, Arlo Pro is probably not the correct camera for their application if they are concerned with charging or battery replacement frequency

Jetgirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of mine has started doing this too.  This is the third time when I am away this camera goes offline.  I just put fresh batteries in it and they were at 100 when i left.  So frustrating..

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First we need to know what the LEDs on the base are showing, what you've tried, any error messages, etc. Without complete information, Internet troubleshooting is difficult.

Jetgirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can not speak for anyone else on here.  I am still out of town but my roomate says that all lights are correct and the other cameras work fine.  They have unplugged and waited 20 seconds now camera works again.  They are monitoring to see iuf it goes off line again

troxel
Guide
Guide

I had the same problem earlier this year, and Netgear rep[laced the camera. 

I'm having the same problem again, but when I called Support at 408-638-3750, I just got a loop, telling me to press "2" - over and over again.

Roy

troxel
Guide
Guide

I tried the re-sync several times. What is a battery pull?

Thanks,

Roy

manfredz
Hero
Hero

it means open battery door, wait a minute and close again

ramsgoms
Guide
Guide

troxel wrote:

I had the same problem earlier this year, and Netgear rep[laced the camera. 

I'm having the same problem again, but when I called Support at 408-638-3750, I just got a loop, telling me to press "2" - over and over again.

Roy

Same here. I had this problem with one of the cameras. Had Netgear replace it. It worked fine for couple of months but the same problem is back on the new camera as well. I need to call them again.

troxel
Guide
Guide

Thank you!

That worked, but I hope I don't have to do it every day.

Roy

ivanelterrible
Aspirant
Aspirant
Jetgirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Now all cameras are offline.  SO FRUSTRATING that this happens evry other week

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When I get this, it's fixed by logging out and back in.  It appears to just be a display issue.  Of course, knowing what the base LEDs are doing would help to show whether the system is working properly.

troxel
Guide
Guide

I've tried this, too. The camera comes on for a split second and then goes blank.

Roy

troxel
Guide
Guide

Yesterday, I tried to contact Arlo support twice. The second time I called, I waited about five minutes, and then a recorded voice told me that I would have to wait another 15 to 20 minutes.

Roy

troxel
Guide
Guide

I tried to contact Arlo support again today (Sept. 9), and was told I had to wait 20 -25 minutes. And this isn't even an 800 number!

Roy

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try chat and/or email.

troxel
Guide
Guide

Thank you!
What is the email address?
- Roy

manfredz
Hero
Hero

You have to click oN CONTACT Support button at the bottom of each forum page and follow until you come to Send an email