Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
cochachere
Tutor
Tutor

I purchased a 1 Camera Arlo system about a month ago, the system had be working fine up until a couple of weeks ago. The camera will just go offline for no apparent reason, but the base station will still be connected to the Internet. After resetting the base station in the setting option the camera will work fine for a few hours then it will go back offline. When the camera is connected it shows full signal strength. Ive tired unplugging the power supply for a few mins an plugging it back in , and also holding down the reset button on the back of the base station but non of these options has fix the problem. PLEASE HELP!!!!!! I really like the Arlo System but it is no good to the securtiy of my home if the camera is only work half the time. I might have to turn to a diffrent security camera if this problem can not be resolve.

Thanks

29 REPLIES 29
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

JamorooW wrote:
I just purchased this three days ago so I could monitor things when out of town. Both cameras are off line... How do I get them back if I'm not at home?

You can try and remotely restart the base... they may come back.

If the cameras stay offline after above there is nothing else to do remotely... the cameras will require physical contact for the problem. ( resync, batteries, etc )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
JamorooW
Initiate
Initiate
How do I remotely restart the base?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

JamorooW wrote:
How do I remotely restart the base?

go to settings, click on the Arlo base under devices, bottom of page > restart

Morse is faster than texting!
Boscastle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Can I just check, so is it better to have router and base station close to each other or not?

Kim

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
It seems to depend. Most folks have them close (mine are mere inches apart) but a few have reported better luck with significant distance between them.