Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
cochachere
Tutor
Tutor

I purchased a 1 Camera Arlo system about a month ago, the system had be working fine up until a couple of weeks ago. The camera will just go offline for no apparent reason, but the base station will still be connected to the Internet. After resetting the base station in the setting option the camera will work fine for a few hours then it will go back offline. When the camera is connected it shows full signal strength. Ive tired unplugging the power supply for a few mins an plugging it back in , and also holding down the reset button on the back of the base station but non of these options has fix the problem. PLEASE HELP!!!!!! I really like the Arlo System but it is no good to the securtiy of my home if the camera is only work half the time. I might have to turn to a diffrent security camera if this problem can not be resolve.

Thanks

29 REPLIES 29
AnthonyArmato
Luminary
Luminary

Are both your base station and camera's firmware up to date ?

cochachere
Tutor
Tutor

I would believe so, I have it set to auto update 

Dmc670
Tutor
Tutor
I am having same problem with my 2nd camera. Please help!!!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Dmc670 wrote:
I am having same problem with my 2nd camera. Please help!!!

Have you tried opening the battery cover for a few seconds and then closing it? That might be all that's needed.

cochachere
Tutor
Tutor
Yes I believe I found the solution, what I had to do was change the channel of my wireless router. Since I change the channel my camera has not went offline an is working properly ( so far lol). Hope this was a help to you
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Usu, if the Arlo base station and WIFI router are close to each other, they will use the same channel.... to avoid problems.

When moved farther away, the Arlo base will pick the best channel for itself duirng setup.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Dmc670
Tutor
Tutor

How far do you suggest?

Dmc670
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, I did try that and resetting the base. The camera then wouldnt sync, kept blinking orange. 

Dmc670
Tutor
Tutor

I'll give it a try. thanks! I really love these little cameras, I dont want to return them.

DEborah
Initiate
Initiate
One camera blinking orange - did you solve your issue Kudo 0? If so any advice?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

DEborah wrote:
One camera blinking orange - did you solve your issue Kudo 0? If so any advice?

The only time I've seen the ( right front led (looking at camera )) blink orange is when the battery is low or in test motion mode.

Providing no other leds blinking.

Dmc670
Tutor
Tutor

I opened the batteries switched them with the other (working)camera and still no luck. I think the camera is no good. the other works fine.

Dmc670
Tutor
Tutor

I moved the base, it is about 3-4 feet from router and still no luck with the 2nd camera. think I may need new camera.

MKO
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem - one camera works fine the other one goes offline after some seconds. Sync works fine, Live feed is there for 10s and then cam timed out and offline. Both cams worked fine for 3 weeks - after changing the batteries in one of them (batteries leaked) troubles started.

Im still in contact with netgear support and waiting on a response or information to replace. 

DEborah
Initiate
Initiate
Thanks Kudo 0
Baberim
Star
Star

Same Issue here, except both of my cameras show offline. Base station is connected though. This started happening on the 18th. 

It fixes itself after you reboot the base station, but only temporarily. I was able to stream for about 2 minutes and then the cameras went offline again. 

asrodgers
Aspirant
Aspirant
These cameras are rediculous. I have 5 cameras and they are Off Line all the time. No one to help. What do I do???? I do not understand changing channels and all that stuff. That should not be required. What do I do? Is there anyway to return these things ?
asrodgers
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have also spent a fortune on batteries And my cameras are very rarely activated when they happen to operate correctly.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's possible that you're having 2.4GHz interference and/or weak signal issues that are causing the batteries to drain due to trying to stay connected to the base.  Use a WiFi analyzer app to check for WiFi signals in your area and their relative strengths to see if that helps narrow things down.  Note that the number of walls/ceilings/ductwork, etc. can cause significant drops in signal so positioning can be critical.  That would lead to moving the base and/or cameras to help isolate the problem.

Carmen533
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have had two camera system for two months and now all of a sudden on camera is off line Y
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Carmen533 wrote:
I have had two camera system for two months and now all of a sudden on camera is off line Y

Have you checked the batteries?

Bigdaddywill38
Star
Star
I'm having the same problem all the time, everyday it goes off line when I'm home or away, went off last night, rebooted system several times because it would not come up got it working then 15-30 minutes later now it's off line again
Dmc670
Tutor
Tutor

To tell the truth I got so fustrated with this problem, I stopped using the cameras.

When it started to happed, I replaced the batteries and that worked. Only for a month later the batteries died and I was back to square one.

Arlo/Netgear are on the right path, but they need to work on A LOT of issues to get on track.

Namely battery size and usuage (too expensive) AND how accurate detection is.

When used outside the camera only picks up the latter part of someone passing by verses before they approach. (I adjusted the detection option several times)

I feel they launched these cameras too soon with out the proper testing being done. And that is a shame because with a little time, patience and feedback from users Arlo could have had a decent product.

The best advise I can give about your problem, is try to take all batteries out, reboot the system from the beginning. And re-install batteries. 

Hope it helps.

Good luck!

JamorooW
Initiate
Initiate
I just purchased this three days ago so I could monitor things when out of town. Both cameras are off line... How do I get them back if I'm not at home?