Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera 'Getting Status' and not changing

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
genx24
Follower
Follower

I've just purchased my Arlo security system yesterday, the cameras haven't changed from 'getting status' but I've had success in motion being detected and footage recorded.   When I view the cameras online it shows an old recording rather than what is being seen now. 

Is this normal?  I can't change the camera to position mode either so I had to set up the cameras 'blind'.  How can I get the camera status to change to what it should be?

5 REPLIES 5
BrianL
Master
Master

Hi genx24,

Check the internet connection speed of the network where the base station and cameras are connected to. If the internet is down or the speed is slow, there's a chance that you won't be able to do a live view. I also checked that both of your cameras are outdated, let's see if updating them will fix this issue.

To trigger your Arlo system to update its firmware the next day:

1. Log in to your Arlo account at https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login.
  2. Select Settings > Base Station Settings.
  3. Make sure that the Auto Update FW setting is set to the ON position. The base station will update itself the next day between 3am and 5am.
  4. Cameras will also update their firmware on this schedule, if there is a firmware update available.
  5. To trigger the camera firmware upgrade, open the battery door on the bottom of the camera and then close it. The camera powers up and then searches for the latest firmware update.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

BrianL

Arlo Team

ispysmalleye
Initiate
Initiate

can't eliminate "getting status" on all five cameras. It reports and record motion alerts fine. doesn't show in live. All firmware is updated

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try both the app and browser.  Try logging out and back in.  Power cycle the base.  What happens?

Marc1201
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got this in a browser, all i get is "getting status", but in the app on my phone and tablet, then it works fine

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For browser issues, sometimes clearing the cache helps.