Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo wirel free camera continually gets disconnected from the base system.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LionelHenry
Tutor
Tutor

One of my Arlo wirel free cameras continually gets disconnected from the base system. The only way to get it back on is to delete the camera then add it back on through the add camera interface. Then it works for a short time then gets disconnected again. Any suggestions on how to get the camera to stick to the system?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I sounds like maybe the WiFi signal between the base and camera is weak.  What percentage do you see in Settings, My Devices, choose your camera (use the app - the web site doesn't show the percentage)?

LionelHenry
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Jguerdat

I had to reset the problem camera this morning. I checked the WiFi signal from my app. The problem camera WiFi is at 80%. Two other cameras are also at 80% and they do not have a connection issue. My other 4th camera set in my back yard is at a WiFi signal of 60% and that camera does not have a connection problem. Do you have any other suggestions on a fix? Thanks. LionelHenry

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try swapping the suspect camera with another to see if the problem remains with the camera or the position.  What happens?

LionelHenry
Tutor
Tutor

After trouble shoot with Netgear they will replace this defective camera.