Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mary103
Follower
Follower

i just installed my 5th camera on a new system of 4 cameras purchased a week ago. After spending all day figuring out and setting up modes and rules, I was ready to mount my first camera. I then noticed that I couldn't get the one that was sitting on my foyer stairs to come on. Then I realized it had swiched to another camera. So now the first camera listed is okay but the 3 of original 4 after have switched. So my basement camera serial number is now monitoring the garage, the foyer camera serial number is now monitoring the basement and the garage camera serial number is now monitoring the foyer. Also, the 5th camera which is still monitoring correctly at the front of the house has moved to the 4th position in my settings.

******* HAS ANYONE every had this happen? I worked hard to set up my rules and modes, so this is really going to mess that up. HELP!******

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First, it's a lot easier to over write the serial number with a name that has meaning to you and/or location of camera...

Also, if you change the names of the cameras, the rules auto adjust to the new names and pick them up

If you can't rename the camera for some reason, try a power reset on the base and try again.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------