Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
stijn9041
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm interested in this but Amazon doesn't ship this product to Belgium. How can I get it anyway?

14 REPLIES 14
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

stijn9041,

We hope to release these products to more regions later this year. Keep posted for updates.

JamesC

stijn9041
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm now testing those batteries:

https://www.batterijeshop.com/NL/EagleTac-16340-750mAh

So far, so good (1 week up and still plenty of power left).

I did buy this charger:

https://www.batterijeshop.com/NL/Nitecore-New-I4-Charger?search=Nitecore+NEW+I4+Intellicharger+oplad...

Works very well.

Maybe this might help users in Europe who can't order by Amazon?

Stijn

ScorpionKing
Tutor
Tutor

Hi

From where can i find rechargeable batteries for my wireless arlo?

manfredz
Hero
Hero

SOMEBODY MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP YOU IF THEY KNEW IN WHICH COUNTRY YOU LIVED

ScorpionKing
Tutor
Tutor

I live in United Kingdom 🙂

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Amazon is frequently a good source but individual countries may have issues. Just make sure you're using the correct ones such as the Tenergy ones sold by Netgear. Whether those are available in the UK I have no idea.
ScorpionKing
Tutor
Tutor

It's not quite helpful is it? Customers who have spent hundreds of pounds or euros outside US are struggling to purchase rechargeable batteries.Its been over one week tha my batteries have drained and I am without any CCTV because I am still searching for batteries but have been unsuccessful so far.The support from net gear is not great as well.I am quite disappointed I must say.

JamesC wrote:

stijn9041,

We hope to release these products to more regions later this year. Keep posted for updates.

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
It's hardly Netgear's fault you can't find batteries. Yes, they chose the batteries but local availability is your issue. Netgear has no control over that.
ScorpionKing
Tutor
Tutor

Understood and I am not here to blame Netgear solely for this problem.

Its quite ridiculous that they are selling their products worldwide without taking into consideration that the consumers will not be able to buy batteries which are essential in order to use the product. There must be some planning and strategy in place to address this serious problem which is only putting off loyal consumers. 

If you think that simply by saying OH ITS NOT NETGEAR FAULT is going to resolve this issue then its completely unacceptable and highly unprofessional. We should get the support and advice we deserve.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

i understand your frustration in not being able to find rechargeable batteries for your arlo but think its unfair to blame netgear.

when the arlo came out it was not considered to use rechargeables but 3.7v cr123a betteries ( yes, I agree that was shortsighted thinking, but it happened).

immediately people started experimenting with various rechargeables, some worked, some didn't.  Time showed that one of the most compatible was the gold 3.7 tenergy rcr123a and eventually earned it a mention on their acessories page with a link to amazon for purchase.

now i think it would be quite unreasonable for netgear to do this only after the tenergy  rcr123a is available in every country the arlo is sold.

if a rechargeable battery is crucial and one lives in one of those countries when the tenergy rcr123a is not available, one should buy the arlo plus which comes with a proprietary rechargeable battery.

thats the view from here.

GraniteDaddy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, Where would I buy a recharable Arlo Pro battery in the USA ?

manfredz
Hero
Hero

probably amazon,com or tenergy mightbe  your best bet

dJos1991
Aspirant
Aspirant

so it's now 9 months later, are the battery's now available for Belgium?
It is also not possible to order the battery's on Amazon.de

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dJos1991,

This accessory is not yet available in Belgium. Keep an eye on the Arlo website for availability updates.

JamesC