Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Clemsontigerfan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bought a home and moved device. Base station will not connect to android app no matter what i do.. dmz was set, ports open and forwarded, followed many advice on forums, still no luck.. tried to install as "new to arlo" tab, nothing but message of waiting to long to connect.
Any other Ideas, before I get rid of what I thought was a great camera, my brain is racked right now, I need them to work for protection of our family and new born..

7 REPLIES 7
steve_t
Master Master
Master

What router? Are you able to connect directly to the modem/router? What LEDs are on and what color are they on the base station?

Clemsontigerfan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arris, yes the base station is directly connected to router.
Power is solid green, internet is solid green, then blinks every once in a while. The camera is solid amber ..
Clemsontigerfan
Aspirant
Aspirant
The cameras are active right now with the motion sensor, I can see them working..
charltjr
Initiate
Initiate

Sorry to jump in on your thread, but I am having exactly the same problem. The base station is connected to the internet, but the camera light is solid orange. I have synced a couple of the cameras again and they flash the blue light rapidly to show they've connected but it makes no difference.

I can log into the Arlo app on my phone, but it says the base station is offline on all the cameras. If I log in on the web I can see the cameras and access live feeds, but I can't access the base station as it says it's offline.

The cameras don't upload detected motion to the library. They do detect motion because I've seen the IR lights come on in the dark.

I have restarted both the router and the hub. 

This started at around 4:15pm on May 28th.

Is a factory reset needed?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Clemsontigerfan,

If you just relocated the base station, there is no need to go through new account setup, simply log in to your existing Arlo account using the same user name and password information you used before moving the system.

JamesC

Clemsontigerfan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you James C, I did try that when I relocated the base station yo my new home, but still no luck..
I also have a second base and it does the same, can not connect to app or computer can not connect to both stations..
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Clemsontigerfan,

You indicate above that the camera LED is solid amber, this suggests the base station needs to be claimed.

Start by logging in to your Arlo account and remove the base station from Settings > My Devices > Remove Device. After it's been removed, perform a manual factory reset by pressing and holding the reset button until all LEDs flash amber. Log back in to your Arlo account click "Add Device" select base station and follow the on screen instructions.

JamesC