Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Both cameras stop working!

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Mikey52
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just found out that both my cameras have stopped working, base station is connected to internet and still showing green lights (first 2 on left hand side) so tried to re sync but nothing happens. I ‘removed device ‘ and tried to add it again as per manual and sync it but nothing happens, the base station flashes green indicating syncing but nothing on camera. What are the 2 led’s on the far right for, they don’t light up any more either! Any suggestions most welcome.

Thank you

PS When I tried to add cameras was told software is ‘up to date’

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

2.8v is rather low. Try a fresh set.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Try again but either try to sync via the web or directly ( just push base button quickly and the camera button )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Mikey52
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi TomMac,    Still having problems, tried your suggestions,no luck, deleted cameras and tried to add again, base station led’s blinking green, tried to sync cameras no led’s show at all on either camera. Even tried resetting base station to ‘factory settings ‘ added back to system ok, got green light, blinking for sync, no luck again, checked batteries, got 2.8v so they ok. Don’t know what else to try !

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

2.8v is rather low. Try a fresh set.

Mikey52
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi jguerdat, Spot on, thank you, working now with new batteries, must have had a duff set as only about 2 months old, usually I get at least 6 months before need replacing. Just checked voltage of new ones and is 3.3v, assumed that a 3v battery was 3v ‘max’ learn something every day, thanks again.

Harleydavidson4
Initiate
Initiate

We had a power outage last night for 45 min. all cameras were off line this moring untill I pressed the on/off button on both base stations. Thats a very poor design for security cameras, If you are traveling and no one is home to re start the base stations you have no security camera coverage. Given the cost of this system that very dissapointing.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

2 things:

1) Use a UPS for your modem, router and bases. They don't have to be huge ones - I use a 750VA one. This prevents the problem in the first place and also allows Arlo to keep working during the outage since your network is up.

2) A WiFi switch such as a WeMo that the base plugs into is also useful for remote power cycles.

Bernard11
Tutor
Tutor

Same here.  Arlo has us beta their defective junk.  I am probably going to give up and return my kit to costco or sue Arlo for a refund in small claims court.  I have no time to discuss ARLO’s poor engineering on these sites. ARLO is NOT doing their job.  Their scam on the consumer parallels microsoft’s Scam on the globe.  It all!  If you rely on this junk for security, you are taking a huge leap of faith!!!!!  “MADE IN CHINA” means piece of !