Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Vinibob
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

About 2 weeks ago both my arlo cameras stopped recording motion. I have since reset the base station and successfully re-linked one of my cameras but the other one doesn't link anymore.

The one that has linked up only records video when motion is detected for about 2 seconds and then shuts off. I have reset the cameras and base station many times by taking the batteries out and power cycling the base station. I have also reboot my router and modem several times.

My base station firmware is 1.12.2.12_774_64c24b1

My base station model is VMB3010r2

The camera which is working, has firmware 1.4.293

The camera which is working is model H11, same model for the camera which isn't.

Everything was working fine up until 2 weeks ago and the fact that both cameras stopped working and notifications are broken leads me to believe it's a software related issue, perhaps a recent firmware update?

8 REPLIES 8
JehovasFitness
Luminary
Luminary

I have same issue with my Ultra. It does record to the hub, but not cloud, check there if you have that option.

Still broken as if you're not on your network you'd have no idea there was  motion or recording. This is starting to get old. It's been going on for 6 months now on and off

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Vinibob wrote:

Hi,

About 2 weeks ago both my arlo cameras stopped recording motion. I have since reset the base station and successfully re-linked one of my cameras but the other one doesn't link anymore.

The one that has linked up only records video when motion is detected for about 2 seconds and then shuts off. I have reset the cameras and base station many times by taking the batteries out and power cycling the base station. I have also reboot my router and modem several times.

Define "reset" - you is twice with potentially different meanings. Turning power off to the base is not a reset - it's a reboot.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@JehovasFitness wrote:

I have same issue with my Ultra. It does record to the hub, but not cloud, check there if you have that option.

Do you have a valid subscription as noted in Settings, Subscription? This is a symptom of no sub.

JehovasFitness
Luminary
Luminary

Yes, sorry it does record to cloud sometimes, other times not.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try deactivating the camera in Smart. I find that I use local recordings to help determine if the lack of cloud recording is due to a Smart decision. Deactivating it in Smart results in all recordings in both places.

Vinibob
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat I reset the base station, I held in the tiny button at the back for 10 seconds and did a full reset, then repaired the base station to the Arlo software.

As for if I have a subscription, I am on the free one and I've been on that for about 2 years now so I'm certain it's not my subscription.

Vinibob
Aspirant
Aspirant

There's no local recordings feature in the model I have. I have the netgear Arlo.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Vinibob I think I would do the reset again but this time more completely. Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices. You can then also hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. After the base has rebooted to green power and Internet LEDs, start the setup process again by claiming the base normally and then syncing the cameras (with fresh batteries, of course). Be sure to not hold the base sync button for 2 seconds - only briefly press it to get the flashing Camera LED. Then sync the cameras, one at a time.

If this doesn't help, I think you have a faulty camera.