Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Blank video (Sorry This Video Cannot Be Played)

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Tats
Apprentice
Apprentice

This started today.  I have a bunch of videos in the library and a handful of them on various cameras show up as a white screen.  When I try to play the video, i get a message on the computer that says "loading" but nothing loads, and on the android, a message that says "Sorry This Video Cannot Be Played"

Anyone else experience this or know what is causing this?  It seems random and occuring on different cameras. 

14 REPLIES 14
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yup, there's another thread in this forum about this. Best guess is that its on Arlo's side, not yours. Take the time to place a trouble ticket since the forums aren't providing an answer from Arlo.

Edit: I've submitted a ticket for this now. Add yours, please.

Tats
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you.  I didnt see it before when I did a search.  How do I send a ticket?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The other thread is in the Motion Detection area.

To places trouble ticket is a little convoluted. I had to search and start calling to figure it out. Go to http://my.netgear.com and log in. From there, click on My Support on the right and click on the button to submit a ticket and follow the bouncing ball.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon Tats and All,

Thank you for posting this issue! We are currently investigating this issue and will provide an update if/when we have identified and resolved the issue. We may need additional information to isolate the issue. If so, we will send a personal message to each of you experiencing this issue.

Stay tuned!

Best Regards,

Christine 

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
Bob
Initiate
Initiate

I also have this problem in one video.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

ChristineT wrote:

Good afternoon Tats and All,

Thank you for posting this issue! We are currently investigating this issue and will provide an update if/when we have identified and resolved the issue. We may need additional information to isolate the issue. If so, we will send a personal message to each of you experiencing this issue.

Stay tuned!

Best Regards,

Christine 

Arlo Team

Thank you. I will post again if it happens again. I do not have the videos anymore since I deleted them last night. I haven't seen this issue again after yesterday's evening (5-6 PM PDT).

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

My first one showed up about 10 last night. I've had several today. They can be retrieved from the Recycle Bin if you really wanna see nothing again...

ant
Mentor
Mentor

I just got another failure on 3/31/2015 3:15:52 PM PDT. Video download failed from arlos3-prod-z2.s3.amazonaws.com server:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
      <Error><Code>NoSuchKey</Code><Message>The specified key does not exist.</Message><Key>9fdecebc_a96f_45b9_a5e3_4719e143dde3/100-1088065/48B14C7X099AE/recordings/1427840152513.mp4</Key><RequestId>AEE4EF8DFFCC9C46</RequestId><HostId>tIYLBmw0AWZwaTUJZIyLjlYfxOW5AyCPl3p9Kxa9S/Bm/0nacpTAi+ajJsvTfKBqFp2xaSukVWs=</HostId></Error>

ant
Mentor
Mentor

FYI:

"... Update from NETGEAR:

Hi Ant,

We are aware of the issue and our Engineering team are doing a fix for it but ETA is not yet known.
Rest assured we will keep you
posted..."

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hmmm...  Knock on wood - no blank videos since last night.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon Arlo Community,

We are continuing to perform analysis on this issue but believe we have identified a networking hiccup in one of the North America servers that should now be corrected.

The Arlo Team is actively investigating the root cause to prevent this issue from reoccurring.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread!!

Christine

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I figured it would be something on the order of the client opening a connection which created a file followed by a failure of communication to complete the transaction. Whatever, it does appear to be fixed.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

jguerdat wrote:

I figured it would be something on the order of the client opening a connection which created a file followed by a failure of communication to complete the transaction. Whatever, it does appear to be fixed.

Ditto on my side.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

FYI and no new issues for me:

Case #: 24937356
Case Summary: Customer is asking if there a server glitch/hiccup.
Product: Arlo

Update from NETGEAR:

Hi Ant,

We found out that there was a maintenance last 31st of March, It caused images and
recordings not showing up in the library.
However it was already resolved and everything should be back to normal.

Regards,

Michael
Expert ID: 8308
NETGEAR L2 Support Expert