Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery recommendation - bonus for suggestions for Canadian availability

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
PHW
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm looking for suggestions for what brand and model of battery - both rechargeable (and charger) and non-rechargeble for my cameras.  I have read a lot of previous posts and see a range of suggestions, so would love some clarity. 

Bonus points if ayone has suggestions for batteries that are available in Canada.  Have read several suggestions for great prices for options with American availability, but pricing in Canada is understandably never the same.

(or if there is a post that has some clarity, please direct me to it).

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Right off the bat...

Buy OEM primary cells from a know dealer like batteryjunction

The 123 batteries come in at about $1.35 per ( lots of 12 )...all thetop brands are about the same

DO NOT buy from ebay or similar as there are many fakes out there.

As to rechargeables,

Netgear sells a good set of battereies and charger package.... There are other one out there that work as well, but these are approved by Netgear and will not be a problem with warranty.

There is a large thread on rechargeables, read the last 15 pages for brands, there were 3 or 4 that work better than the rest.

Also chargers were listed... as mentioned, with these your on your own if a problem occurs with usage.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo/Rechargeable-batteries-for-use-with-Arlo-cameras/m-p/1652#U165...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Right off the bat...

Buy OEM primary cells from a know dealer like batteryjunction

The 123 batteries come in at about $1.35 per ( lots of 12 )...all thetop brands are about the same

DO NOT buy from ebay or similar as there are many fakes out there.

As to rechargeables,

Netgear sells a good set of battereies and charger package.... There are other one out there that work as well, but these are approved by Netgear and will not be a problem with warranty.

There is a large thread on rechargeables, read the last 15 pages for brands, there were 3 or 4 that work better than the rest.

Also chargers were listed... as mentioned, with these your on your own if a problem occurs with usage.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo/Rechargeable-batteries-for-use-with-Arlo-cameras/m-p/1652#U165...

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Wow. Energizers are $13 each here!! I want to get some Tenergy rechargeables too

PHW
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the overview, that's helpful.

I've read through a lot of those posts, but still feel like my head is swimming with the various options mentioned. Can someone give me a coles notes version of what the top few rechargeable battery choices and charger are (brand and model)?

Thanks!

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Personally, take the time to go thru the thread and make an informed decision.

or

just go with Netgear's battery and charger set, they will be fine

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

PHW,

Take a look here for more information on the accessory TomMac is referring to above: Rechargeable Battery and Charger by Tenergy

JamesC