Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery percentage at 17%

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
anthonyrmspwd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just instaled 1 camera from my VMS3430 package.  Package is labelled Arlo 4 Wire-Free HD Security Cameras.  Camera is working however it immediately went to a 17% battery percentage and has not changed since install.  The camera has been active for 24 hours.  I have it configured as Armed from 11:00 PM to 4:00 AM.  

I checked the battery percentage both from my mobile device (Arlo) and using web application.  Both show 17%.

Is the software on the camera not interpreting the battery percentage correctly?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's possible but I would try a few things first.

1) Power cycle the base using the power switch.

2) Remove the batteries from the camera and replace them. Be sure to not push them down but just place them in their slots. Let the battery cover do the pushing.

3) Verify that your firmware is up to date. Look in Settings, My Devices, your various devices, Device Info. Compare what you see there with the posting in the Release Notes section here. 

Any luck?

anthonyrmspwd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cycling the base station did not change.

I had 2 other cameras shut off so I swapped the batteries from one of the shut off ones.  The camera that was showing 17% is now showing 100%, which is good, but the one that was shut off is now showing 63%.  

These are brand new batteries used for a little more than 24 hours.  How can the same 4 batteries show 17% on one camera and then 63% on a different camera?

Firmware is updated on the base station and all my cameras.

I still think this is a firmware issue as it's not capturing the true percentage.

Any ideas?

brh
Master
Master

@anthonyrmspwd

If the batteries were not seated properly that could be the initial problem as the camera can operate on just two batteries. Be sure when inserting the batteries that you gently place them in and then let the battery cover put the pressure on them when you close the cover to properly seat them.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The reason for this apparent change is that the batteries are actuaally 2 sets of 2 - front and rear. The camera will cycle between them to maximize battery life. If one set isn't making contact then the other one will be used all the time, draining them more quickly. Having a 4 batteries in contact then pops the % back up but not to what you might think it should. This is the reason for letting the battery door do the pushing.