Battery life

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MCBLending
Follower
Follower

Hi, I have purchased 3 systems from Arlo now with a total of 8 cameras and have the first up and running since 2 weeks.

Setup is with video recording for 60s on motion detect during office hours and video recording, email and notification on motion outside of office hours.

With this setup the factory supplied batteries lasted just two weeks !

I though that something like this would be a fairly common setup and that the claimed battery life of 3-4 months will relate to such a scenario.

Is such a short battery life normal or are the factory supplied batteries just not up to the task?

2 REPLIES 2
manfredz
Hero
Hero

It depends on how much recording you're doing, for what duration and how much live viewing,

T o get their "up to 6 months" figure bekieve Netgear counts on 5x 20 sec recordings/day.

I'm a heavy user, doing about 25x 120 sec recordings/day/cam plus during my waking hours doing a bried live view about every hour and find the Tenergy 3.7V rechargeables last about 20 weeks before needing a recharge.  Am quite happy with that using rechargeables, but would hurt big time if using regulars.

Might also point out when I first set up my cams I went through batteries faster as I spent days experimenting with various settings.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

All battery operated devcies have a finite life... Arlo is no different.

If your using it in an office where the is a lot of traffic/ recordings , you would be MUCH better off with a ARLO PRO or ARLO Q cameras which can be plugged into ac all the time

As mentioned spec life is =< 5 mins of record or viewing per day for rated life at optimized video... I go about 4 months on the OEM cells( best video )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------