Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
ertert
Apprentice
Apprentice

On my phone, battery life was showing in the 90 % range. I started getting emails saying my battery was about to die.

(2% , 4% , etc)

After recieiving emails if I check the phone it then shows only a few percent left.

How can you check actual battery percentage?

The app is not doing it any where near close.

By the time you receive email (which is very helpful) there is only about a day or two of life left.

Maybe send notifications sooner?

11 REPLIES 11
supaflyz
Guide
Guide

For me, the phone app shows less signal strength but when I log on to the computer app it shows that it is full strength.  The battery are about the same for phone app and computer app though.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It does appear there are some variances across platforms re signal strength... as mentioned batteries are fairly close

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ertert
Apprentice
Apprentice

I replaced batteries a few week ago in 2 that go off a lot.

The phone and computer show 95%.

No fricking way.

I expect shortly to get a message batteries need replacing.

I see no way to see what the battery level really is.

I don't expect it to be perfect but 95 to 5 "overnight" something is not working.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ertert,

Consider opening and closing the battery compartment door on your cameras to reboot them if you think the battery indicator is not showing the correct percentage.

If you could provide more detail about the problem, that may help us understand more about the issue you are describing. Are the batteries depleting faster than expected or are they showing what you believe to be an incorrect representation of remaining battery life?

JamesC

RKCameras
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have same problem.  Check all battery levels on all 12 cameras every week.  All look good over 90%. (which was actually surprising since they get a lot of use)  Then suddenly I'll get a notice that battery level is low.  One day 95%, next day 7%???

ertert
Apprentice
Apprentice
This is getting really annoying. Phone and computer show the batteries are good.
Then all of a sudden you get an email saying batteries are low, 10% left.
It is obvious the system can be monitored because it sends an email.
Still does not work even close on phone or computer and is pretty much useless.
RKCameras
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have same problem.  Check all battery levels on all 12 cameras every week.  All look good over 90%. (which was actually surprising since they get a lot of use)  Then suddenly I'll get a notice that battery level is low.  One day 95%, next day 7%???

JamesC wrote:

ertert,

Consider opening and closing the battery compartment door on your cameras to reboot them if you think the battery indicator is not showing the correct percentage.

If you could provide more detail about the problem, that may help us understand more about the issue you are describing. Are the batteries depleting faster than expected or are they showing what you believe to be an incorrect representation of remaining battery life?

JamesC

ertert
Apprentice
Apprentice
As far as more detail I can’t really make it any clearer.
85%,90%, etc. (I have one still showing 100% that is a month old)

Batteries last about a month and a half. That is not the issue.

You don’t know the actual battery % until they are down to 10% or less.
Then you get an email saying they need to be replaced.
There is no indication on phone or computer they are going down.

“Are they showing what you believe to be an incorrect representation of
remaining battery life”?
YES!
Not even close.

Once you receive the email, then it shows the level.
Received on this morning saying 10% left.
If I check with phone or computer it now shows down to 5%.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ertert, RKCameras

I will create and escalate a support case regarding this issue. Thank you for the feedback.

JamesC

ertert
Apprentice
Apprentice

Using five cameras. Put new batteries in all five at the same time.

I have been using two of them daily for about a week for several minutes of live viewing.

These have to be almost used up.

All five are showing 97-100% on phone and computer.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try opening and closing the battery doors and see if the charge level display changes.  Maybe a restart of the base, too.  How many total minutes of live viewing and recording has gone on with those cameras?