Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mojolook
Aspirant
Aspirant

My cameras are reporting low battery even though I just put in a fresh set of streamlight CR123A lithium batteries. The cameras either go off or report that I have low batteries. If I pulled him out and check them on my battery tester they are fully charged.  They function perfectly well for the first set of batteries but since I've change batteries they consistently report that they have been drained when they have not and test perfectly full power on my battery tester. What do I do to fix this problem? The system is unusable like this.

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Get an OEM battery and see if it does the same... if so contact Netgear.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Mojolook
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't understand this answer. I purchased the same kind of batteries that were supplied with the camera. I don't think there is an OEM battery for the cameras. What battery do you mean?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

At first look , I thought maybe you were using rechargeables... but that brand appears to be regular lithium non-rechargeable cells.

As to testing, they should test new at 3.2v ( even lho listed as 3v )

There is a possiblity that the pack of cells you bought could be bad( bad storage as in heat ) as you stated the problem started after changing out from the OEM ( the ones that shipped with the unit from factory ) Could you possible get another set  of differnt brand like energizers and test them?

Also contact Netgear and see what they recommend

jbsporto
Aspirant
Aspirant

Had the same problem! Very frusting until I worked it out...

Easy its the Arlo systems fault, just remove camera from the app or resync the camera to the base and the new batteries are full.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

And u know you response is to a ten month old thread....

many SW updates since then and what you replied to doesn't maybe happen the same way now