Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery and motion sensitivity

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jason9869
Aspirant
Aspirant

Pardon my ignorance as I am new here. I tried to search about the batteries and did not find what I was looking for. Has anyone found a place or website for cheap replacement batteries. And by cheap I mean price not quality like for energizer or duracell? My two driveway cameras need batteries changed already and I'm sure it's because they are going off all day long every time a car drives by. I have played with the sensitivity but even where it's at it struggles to pick up myself or someone walking, but cars no problem. Any suggestions? Also has anyone used anything other than the magnet mounts that come with the cameras? If so where did you find them and do you like them? Sorry for all the info and questions. 

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Many of us are using rechargeables to help combat the battery price issue.  Whether that fits your needs is up to you.  If you choose to pursue that direction, check the recent battery threads, especially in the Buying Tips and Option forum.

I have a camera that picks up street activity, too, but have found location/position/sensitivity that suits my purposes.  The location and angle are the most important - it may take a while with lots of trial and error to get it right.  Use double-sided tape to prevent holes in the interim. Ultimately you may find that a different mount (search for camera mounts) may suit your purposes best.

jason9869
Aspirant
Aspirant
I think changing from the magnetic to regular mounts will give me more flexibility and help out. I will look into the rechargeable ones since in the long run those will be cheaper. Thanks