Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery Usage Less If Not Recording?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Tats
Apprentice
Apprentice

Is the battery usage the same if only viewing (1) a live stream versus, (2) viewing AND manually recording, versus, (3) passive recording under rules?

One of the battery indicators on my my cameras go from red to green, then back again when I take the batteries out and reinsert them. Not sure if the batteries themselves are truly low (i have only been using the camera less than 2 days) or if there is a glitch in the software.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
IllinoisPete
Tutor
Tutor

I am noticing that outdoor temperature seems to effect the battery life indicator. SHows RED when it gets really cold outside( Camera is mounted outside in this case)

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello IllinoisPete,

Thank you for your post. I can confirm that the Arlo product team and engineers are diligently working hard to resolve an issue where the battery level is not reporting accurately when the camera is located outside in extemely cold temperatures. We have confirmed that the battery charge is not depleted to the degree that is reported by the Arlo app and are actually fine once the batteries have a chance to warm up.

In the meantime, there are some troubleshooting steps we'd like you to try so we can work with you directly on this:

1. Try bringing the cameras inside, letting them return to room temperature, and power cycle them by opening and closing the battery door. Please let us know what battery capacity is reported after the cameras come back online.

2. Please verify that the base station and cameras are on the latest firmware. (To determine if they are on the latest firmware, navigate to Camera Settings for each Camera.  Camera FW version is at the bottom of that page and should be on 1.1.2074.)

3. Try placing the camera in a warmer location to see if the problem is duplicated in that setting.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and look forward to your update.

Best Regards,

Christine

NETGEAR - Arlo Technical Support

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
Oleg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, it helps - after cameras FW upgrade indicator shows FULL