Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
JRinFL
Tutor
Tutor

I am using quality batteries and I do not have the record mode on any of my 5 camera's yet the battery live is horrible... two months may be?  I go out of town for extended periods of time and need 4 to 6 months battery life.  I replaced a bunch of batteries and will monitor it closely.  I may end up selling my Arlo system and going with on that works on AC power!  

Welcome feedback from others on how often they have to replace the batteries!

Thanks

JR

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

battery life is very dependant on usage... spec use is aprox 4 mins per day record/view.

For normal use on best video, I get just about 4 months ( there are three settings for battery/video quality in the program ).

On other very light use inside cameras , used just in sense mode basically, I get just about 7 months.

But I will be honest with you, if your looking for 6 months as normal use , I think you will be very hard pressed to hit that time frame. ( haven't seen it )

While , I do see most people that have had it set up and working well usu hit the 3 month mark.

As a second choice if these are inside or can be used thru windows, you might want to use the Q cameras which are AC powered... no problem as to usage time limits with them.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JRinFL
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the reply Tom.  I had the cams set on Best video but the record was turned off.  I just lowered the video to the battery save mide and will see how that does.  The new AC cam is a bit expensive but may hace to go that route.

nngnng
Apprentice
Apprentice

For me batteries only lasted for 2 months-  with the batteries and motion detection - I got rid of it and went with the Lorex security cameras. Very happy with the systems. 

OSUBuckNutz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought a 4 camera system for myself and my father-in-law. We're both having the same issues with battery usage. I've adjusted the settings to extend battery life and it doesn't seem to make the system use less batteries. I'm very disappointed in this system becasue of this issue. The batteries are about $2 each and each camera requires 4 batteries. The most life we have gotten out of any camera so far is 2 months without a battery change. 

I feel completely mislead with Arlo NetGear's demonstration that batteries will last 4-6 months. This is a complete lie.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

OSUBuckNutz,

How much usage are the cameras seeing? Under normal usage (around 5 minutes per day), batteries should last 4-6 months. Increased usage will reduce this expectation. For more information on battery life, see here: How can I extend my Arlo Wire-Free or Arlo Pro Wire-Free camera’s battery life?

JamesC