Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
LeesCustomTees
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not sure why this happened. Seems kind of funny to me but wanted to see if I am the only one (doubtful) that has experienced this.

So one of my cameras went offline this morning. Searched this forum and found out that it happens when the batteries are low. No problem. Check my camera status and it is telling me full battery on both cameras (one is still online mind you). So I try to resync it. Nothing. Tried removing it and re-adding the camera. Nothing. At this point I am kind of at a loss.

I turned the app on and off, and the next time I open it, the other camera goes offline, and then came back online. So I close the app again as I figured it glitched. Wouldn't let me sign in for a few minutes and then when it finally does now it displays the camera as having low battery.

Any one else notice the in app battery level not to be accurate as clearly both these cameras need new batteries which isn't all too surprising after 6 months.

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LeesCustomTees,

Which app are you running (iOS or Android)? Do you see the same behavior on the web client?

JamesC

jason9869
Aspirant
Aspirant
Was just seeing mine have a similar issue. Changed the batteries in 2 of my 4 yesterday with the other two showing a "full" battery meter. This morning I get an email that one of my cameras batteries (that was not just changed) are tired and at 5%! A little more warning would be nice. Granted I only use the iOS app and can count on one hand how many times I have logged in through my computer but a little more notice would be nice
LeesCustomTees
Aspirant
Aspirant

I use Android, but I did notice the same issue through my web client. I do not sign into the webclient as often but last time I did it showed full battery.

LeesCustomTees
Aspirant
Aspirant

Replaced the batteries, camera is working again. The other camera still tells me it has full battery, why one died and the other didn't as they were used on the same date is a bit insane but I digress.

Went to go check levels on the web client, it doesn't even recognize my cameras any more but they show up in the mobile app.

Would love a response back Netgear that is actually informative, not just asking if I did mundayne things before coming and posting on your forum.

pibe
Aspirant
Aspirant
Changed batteries on Arlo Pro camera, but settings on app still shows depleted. Camera does not work. No picture / video.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That could indicate a few things - bad camera, bad battery or (somehow) an improperly seated battery.  Remove the battery and run it off wall power.  If that works, it would seem to be the battery.  Replace the battery and try charging it again.  What does the battery level in Settings, My Devices, your camera say? Pull the power and try again - still no good?

pibe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Replaced new batteries twice, but did not work.  Settings still show depleted batteries / dead camera.  This model is battery-powered only.

While these public forums are fine, the lack of an easy-to-use Netgear support system is a strong negative.  I think I'm done with this product / company.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The access to support is easy - use the Contact Support link at the bottom of these pages.