Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Savasral
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bought these cameras and ever since the batteries would drain ever so quickly. I had to change the batteries every 3 weeks. Initially I thought maybe I was doing too much of live watch on the camera although it amounted to 5 minutes maximum per week. Even the motion captured on the cameras were probably max for 10 minutes overall. I was under the impression that maybe their capacity was such that they would not last more than 3 weeks. I am not sure if thats the kind of expectation from these cameras and if so really surprised how they can be best selling in the market. 

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

3 weeks is a short time.... sometihing isn't right.

On best video my cams get almost 4 months and the very light use ( for when away only ) get close to 7 months from the OEM batteries

Signal good to all cameras?  sw versions on cameras? Not really enought info to give more help.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
FRANK121
Tutor
Tutor

I have this problem on one camera. I have tried resetting, removing it, renaming it and even brought it inside. Even when set to NOT record and even when turned OFF it will drain a new set of batteries in about 48 hours! .... What the heck?

I have already had to replace one camera due to the pink or red video screen now this? .... What is going on ARLO?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you opened a case? Without that, there doesn't seem to be much that can be done.

FRANK121
Tutor
Tutor

No I have not.

How do I do that?

Thanks!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here, scroll down and use any method offered.