Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Batteries

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Lilysienna23
Aspirant
Aspirant
Why would Arlo make a system where 1 batterie cost 16 dollars and each camera takes 4 batteries that last 2 to 3 days with 4 cameras that cost a fortune
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I would like to thank you for your posts and contributions! I want to make sure you take a look at an article outlining best practices when it comes to batteries. For those involved in this discussion I encourage you to review Remember these golden rules for your Arlo camera batteries along with BATTERY WARNINGS AND SAFETY.

Thank you for sharing! 

JamesC

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're looking in the wrong place for batteries.  Depending on where in the world you live, they can cost maybe $1.50 each (use Google and Amazon for starters).  And then there are rechargeables (check the Buying Options and Tips forum).  If your batteries are going that quickly, you're either recording/live viewing WAY too much or the cameras are at the edge of being able to connect to the base.  Spec usage is ~4 minutes a day for battery life of 4-6 months as long as the cameras aren't struggling to maintain connection.  Perhaps some details might be useful to help further.

Lilysienna23
Aspirant
Aspirant
4 mins a day who uses it for 4 mins a day also the Arlo states NOT to use rechargeable but I will look on Amazon
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you're using the wireless cameras for lots of live viewing or recording, you have the wrong system.  The specs are pretty clear as to usage and battery life and the forums are rife with suggestions and help.

As for rechargeables, Arlo is probably covering legal butts with these batteries since there's a wide variety of quality. That's why the suggestion to look in the Buying Options and Tips forum, which has a lot of good information about what to buy and what to avoid, and why.  A number of us have been using rechargeables for over a year with only one report of damage (from one of those batteries to avoid).

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I would like to thank you for your posts and contributions! I want to make sure you take a look at an article outlining best practices when it comes to batteries. For those involved in this discussion I encourage you to review Remember these golden rules for your Arlo camera batteries along with BATTERY WARNINGS AND SAFETY.

Thank you for sharing! 

JamesC

Gwyndaf
Aspirant
Aspirant
So switch them off to save batteries? Brilliant idea.waste of money!!!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Gwyndaf wrote:
So switch them off to save batteries? Brilliant idea.waste of money!!!

Huh?