Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Batteries seem to drain quicker when turned off (on idle). Does anyone know why?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dazza1975
Aspirant
Aspirant

HI, my batteries seem to drain quicker when turned off (on idle) does anyone know why this is , when they are turned on, but not armed they seem to last longer .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dazza1975 wrote:
No, I have three cameras, 2 idle one permanently on (this one lasts longer )

The cameras are maintaining a connection with the base station even when they are disarmed.  If that connection isn't solid, then the camera will search for the base whenever the connection drops - and that will use more power.

You might try swapping the cameras, and see if the problem is related to the location.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dazza1975 wrote:
HI, my batteries seem to drain quicker when turned off (on idle) does anyone know why this is , when they are turned on, but not armed they seem to last longer .

Are you turning off the base station when the cameras are disarmed?

Dazza1975
Aspirant
Aspirant
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dazza1975 wrote:

The cameras are maintaining a connection with the base station even when they are disarmed.  If that connection isn't solid, then the camera will search for the base whenever the connection drops - and that will use more power.

You might try swapping the cameras, and see if the problem is related to the location.