Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Batteries gone from 75% to 20% with no recording/alert. Not sure if it's related with subscription.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Joiraine
Aspirant
Aspirant

Lately When I go to activate my system it is already on, over the course of a few days my batteries have gone from approximately 75% to less than 20% with no recordings, alerts, or notifications. I have had Arlo for years but I think it’s time to say good bye, I have had no luck with customer service, such a frustrating disappointment.

I don’t know if it has anything to do with this trial subscription that I never requested nor do I know the purpose of it or how it functions. What bothers me most is that my battery is being drained, by what or whom...

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The trial has no bearing other than to note that Smart requires a video to be uploaded before deciding whether to post it to the library. Thus, you may not see any videos (depending on your Smart settings) but videos are still being recorded.

However, that usually doesn't cause the batteries to suddenly deplete. New or moved wireless devices that could be interfering with the base to camera connection could be the cause. If not, a relatively quick (but PITA) thing to try to to reset the system by removing all devices and starting fresh. That has had good success in the past and may be useful for you. If you do this, be sure to note all settings, modes, rules and schedule before resetting to speed the rebuild process.