Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Batteries dont last long even when offline

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Iredding
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have had issues with battery life ever since the included batteries died. After consulting the forums, I have stopped using rechargeables and have moved closer to my router (no base station as I use a netgear router). The camera is only 15 linear feet from a high powered router. I do not use motion activation and reference the live feed a few minutes per MONTH. According to the specs I keep reading, ~5 Min per day should last months on battery power but name brand batteries are lasting only days without even using the live feed. Any help would be appreciated, I dont mind replacing batteries but every few days is a bit rediculous.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, according to the following thread, Arlo support will no longer be included in the R7000 firmware.  I don't know how official this is.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/Nighthawk-R7000-questions/m-p/1145857#U11458...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Iredding,

The firmware version on your R7000 that includes Arlo support is beta firmware. If you are experiencing unexpected battery drain using this firmware, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, according to the following thread, Arlo support will no longer be included in the R7000 firmware.  I don't know how official this is.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/Nighthawk-R7000-questions/m-p/1145857#U11458...

Iredding
Aspirant
Aspirant
Confirmed they no longer support the Beta Software. I have acquired a base station and so far that has resolved the issue. It has only been a few days but it is now showing a more steady battery drop not to mention more realistic as well.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yeah, the firmware in the router forced the camera firmware to be old, too, with no way to update either.  Switching to a base fixes that.