Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Batteries are depleting in days

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
dwalters88
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have four of these cameras and have been using them in the same spots for a few years.  One of the cameras started using up the batteries in 2-3 days.  Any ideas on what I should do?  They are out of warranty.  Here is what I have tried so far:

- New batteries, camera dies in 2-3 days.
- Tried disposable and rechargeable batteries, camera dies in 2-3 days.
- Swapped batteries from a camera that is working.  Working one works great, bad one dies in 2-3 days.
- Swapped positions/locations with a working camera.  Working camera works great, bad one dies in 2-3 days.
- Moved bad camera with new batteries a few feet away from the base station.  I also placed a good camera next to it.  Again, good one works, bad one dies in 2-3 days.
- Used the depleted batteries in another camera just to make sure they were really empty, they are really empty
- When the camera has fresh batteries it works as expected, records when there is movement, and does not when there is none.
- Put the camera in a quite room, with fresh batteries. No recording other than me placing the camera in the room.
- The firmware is the same as the other camera.
- Confirmed that the settings on the bad camera are the same as the good camera.
- Confirmed that with movement in the light I hear one click with no infrared lights; movement in the dark I hear one click with infrared lights. 
- Motion Detection test works as expected.
- Recording length is 30 secs.
- I removed the camera, and added it back to the same base station, no change.
- I also have an HD Base Station, and move it to that.  No change.
2 REPLIES 2
dwalters88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry, I posted this in the wrong place. 

Chevy63
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had this recurring problem for the last year on a recreational roperty. Having contacted Arlo, they indicated there is a network issue where the system is continuously re-booting because of network interference. I contacted a local electronics/sound sytem design and install company who have worked for me before and explained the situation. They replied they've dealt with this problem prior. 

So, here was the fix - we got rid of the single-band router provided by internet etc. provider and installed a Luxul XWR-3150 Dual-Band Wireless AC3100 Router and an Arris SB6190 Docsis 3.0 Cable Modem. The dual-band router has fixed the problem. Cameras have been up and running for ten days at still 100% charged. There is a cost though - router ~ $425. Hope this helps!