Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Sue702
Initiate
Initiate
Just purchased maybe 30 days ago and all the camera batteries are dead. It didnt come with a charger.

The cameras capture motion every 10 minutes wether or not there is motion. What really disappointed me is the cameras didn't record when my roommate came home and into the house. Extremely disappointed with Netgear and Arlo.

Bought a monitored system from Frontpoint security for 499.99 and they monitor it for 14.00 a month.

It's a shame... by the time you put up Arlo cameras, get everything just right actually use them then it's to late to get a refund!!
Horribly disappointed!
4 REPLIES 4
dsiu2902
Luminary
Luminary

You are not alone.

nprice559
Initiate
Initiate

You can set up times when you want your camera to be on and off. That might help conserve battery

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't know why you didn't get a charger but any one that supports both 5v and 9v, such as those from Samsung and other recent phones, will work.

Is this a new or used system?

happydays-ni
Aspirant
Aspirant

Perhaps if you explained what the individual settings that you have on each camera, the community would be able to help you with this issue.

My own system, for example, has video set to best quality (as I want to be able to see clearly the objects detected in motion), however I have the system set for geofencing on both my phone and my wife's. So when we are home, the system is disarmed, but to a schedule.

So for example, when I leave home in the morning ( and wife is out already), the system arms when I get to the bottom of my road - I get a notification. It works fine all day, records any visitors to the house (postman, deliveries etc) and then when I drive up my road, the system disarms (I get a notification).

The system stays disarmed until about 10pm when I have it set up on the scheduler through geofencing to arm. It stays that way until about 6.30 the next morning when we normally get up.

I have adjusted the sensitivity down on two of my five cameras, and progressively adjusted it back up until I got a decent compromise between false alarms and not.

I also adjusted the camera angles so that the PIR does not detect motion outside on the main road, for example, therefore eliminating false alarms.

Perhaps you could do something similar? My system is (admittedly) only installed about a month, abd in the early days was recording like crazy, but batteries are still at around 94% with the exception of one which is at 75% (it was doing all the recording.

Oh, and I also set cameras to record cross area motion - so that if a camera at the left rear of the house detects motion, the camera at the right rear automatically records. Probably double counting, but it might pay off one day.