Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Batteries Keep Dying Quickly

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
candyse
Follower
Follower

I’ve had my system for just over a month and I’m almost ready to sell it 😞 over a grand for this thing(2 extra cameras) and the value of the picture is excellent but when I have to replace batteries every 4-5 days???? That’s 45/week plus the 12 something for my subscription..... I think Alston’s needs to offer out free rechargeable batteries as I can’t seem to find that size in rechargeable nor a station for it....
like seriously 200 a month for a system that is supposed to help and it does but when I’m on a budget and worried about my safety this really sucks!!!

1 REPLY 1
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Unfortunately, I don't think you'll get free rechargeables but you can buy these ones that are Arlo certified or try your luck with other brands. They are well worth the investment. The other option is to sell the ones you bought and buy Arlo Pro or Arlo Pro 2 cameras that have rechargeable batteries AND can run off full time AC power or use a solar panel to recharge.

The other issue is that 4-5 days must mean you have the cameras in high traffic areas and they are recording/live streaming far more than the described 5 minutes total per day, which should give you 4-6 months between battery changes/charges. You may want to re-look at how and where you're using battery powered cameras