Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Basic Arlo, setting record time

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TedL
Follower
Follower

My system records for 10 seconds after detecting motion. How do I set it up to record until motion stops or 300 seconds ?   Just got my unit and not very smart !

thanks,

tedl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The quick answer is to use the Mode tab, click on your base and edit the Armed mode. In there is a rule for each camera. Edit each one and edit the Record Video section to change the recording time. Be sure to save at every opportunity.

The long answer is to create your own mode(s) using the Armed mode as an example. Note that you can only set up a rule for one camera when making a new mode. Save and then reedit your mode to add additional cameras. Again, save at each opportunity.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The quick answer is to use the Mode tab, click on your base and edit the Armed mode. In there is a rule for each camera. Edit each one and edit the Record Video section to change the recording time. Be sure to save at every opportunity.

The long answer is to create your own mode(s) using the Armed mode as an example. Note that you can only set up a rule for one camera when making a new mode. Save and then reedit your mode to add additional cameras. Again, save at each opportunity.

Mydogsnameisell
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a 4 camera system, but can only set the recording time on two of them when editing them in the "armed" mode. The sliders are graded out. Please help. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You may need to remove them from Settings, My Devices and resync them.
Mydogsnameisell
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, that worked.  I synced them all the first time, but for some reason two of the cameras wouldn't allow me to set a recording time.