Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tmoon78
Follower
Follower

Just bought a Arlo 2 camera kit. Base station will not connect to Internet. I have searched this forum and can find no straight answers to deal with this. I have TWC cable internet, a net gear router and no luck so far I have. Reset my connection, my hub and even the arlo basest action. Please help me, you're my only hope... Before I return it and get another product.

3 REPLIES 3
manilaBoy
Guide
Guide

having same problems, cant connect base stationIMAG1117.jpg

manilaBoy
Guide
Guide

IMAG1117.jpg

manilaBoy wrote:

having same problems, cant connect base stationIMAG1117.jpg

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You'll have to provide more details for us to guess what's wrong.  The pictures have a heavy tint, obfuscating the color of the LEDs so we don't know if they're green or amber.

Since you're having issues, starting from a known point will help.  Reset the base by using the reset button until the LEDs flash amber.  Let the base start up - when initialized, you should have two green LEDS - power and Internet.  If the Internet LED is off, it's because the base isn't connected to the router.  Check the cable, swap with another one if necessary, and swap the router port it's plugged into.  If amber, the base has connected to the router but has no Internet connection for some reason.  The usual reason is a router setting, perhaps due to a security change.  Ports 80, 443 and 123 to arlo.netgear.com have to be open if you've made changes.

Also, when trying to connect to the base for setup, the setup device (mobile or computer) has to be on the same network to be discovered.  Cell service won't work.