Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station wont connect

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
pcheal
Follower
Follower

Hi, I have read the the other strings relating to y=this issue and I am out of ideas or what to do. I have had the system running perfectly fine for about 2 months then all of a sudden it will not connect at all. I get the motion sensing email alerts butno matter what I do (reboot, log in and out etc) it simply wont reconnect so I can get acces either on the app or the browser, all it says for evyer camer (I have 5 and recently paid for hte upgrade service)

Your base station is not connected to the Internet. Please make sure it's powered on and connected to your router.

Please advise urgently as I have spent well over $1200 on this and losing faith everyday it isnt working

Cheers

Paul

9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

pcheal,

Welcome to the community! I have a couple questions that may shed more light on what is causing the issue. What is the status of the internet LED on the base station when you see the error message? Was there any changes made to your network around the time the base station stopped connecting? Please let us know so we can further assist!

JamesC

Derkasegross
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi I have the same problem. Its been switched off two weeks and now wont connect to the cameras. The camera view in my account says no internet connected but on the base station the power and internet Led is green. The camera Led is not on at all. I ve tried re syncing a camera to base station but no change. Also on this page it wont allow me to input system VMS3130.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Derkasegross,

This could be due to depleted batteries. Open and close the battery compartment door on the cameras and pay close attention to the LED behavior. A slow flashing amber LED indicates dead batteries. Consider a fresh set and try again.

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Turning off the base but not opening the camera batterry doors will cause the batteries to deplete due to the camera trying to connect with the (turned off) base.  In the future, just leave the system on but use the Disarmed mode or turn EVERYTHING off.

jcardle
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have owned this system less than 3 months and the base will no longer connect to the Internet. It appears this is a long standing issue and I see no resolution amongst those participating in the community. I have completed a factory reset, changed cables, all with no luck. This was not a cheap system, and should perform far, far longer than a matter of months; so my expectation is a timely response and viable solution. As fyi, the Internet light is amber. Thank you

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The amber Internet LED indicates a connection to your router.  Verify that the router has actually given an IP address to the base.  Have you made any security changes in the router that may be blocking access to arlo.netgear.com?  I would also create a trouble ticket to get additional support as well as a possible RMA - that's the only way you'll get one.

Rick2017
Aspirant
Aspirant

same issue I had it connected to a range extender, a netgear WN3500, and it all went off line, tried reconnecting, then gave up and tried reconnecting directly to the router and have had no luck. Its way to fickle and sporadic for the price, and I am into it for 4 cams

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
What are the LEDs showing?
Rick2017
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the first three LED's showing green, I have tried several times to go to factory rset, but I can't get blinking amber when doing so. It has frozen on me in the past, and I dropped a ticket and then it started working and the ticket reply was hey pinged it and could see the cameras on line. I am really not trusting this sytem anymore, what good is 'security' if it fails every few days?