Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station vmb3000 will not update firmware on new system

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
kctwin43
Follower
Follower

Just installed new arlo system with 2 cameras and a base station.  Everything works great, except it states base station needs firmware update and that message in a green bar blocks my screen so that I cannot see live images from my cameras.

This has been plugged in for 4 days now and no attempts to update firmware have worked.

Details for base station state I have Oct. 7, 2018, 1.8.1_9169 firmware, hardware #VMB3010r2, serial # 4895817SA23B0.  I called support and was told to let it sit and it would update automatically overnight.  That didn't happen.

My case # is 40817338.

I tried disarming system, then manually updating, didn't work. I have rebooted base station several times.  I have unplugged unit with support agent online, nothing helps.  Also downloaded and did a speedtest on my phone at agents instructions.  I got a 1.32 mbps speed test result.

Cameras updated and are working.  I do get notifications of motion detected and can view recordings.  All I cannot do is view live shots because that green bar stating I need a base station firmware update blocks the screen.

The first three lights on my base station are all lit - power, internet and camera icon buttons. 

Any help is greatly appreciated!  Thanks!!

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Punt. Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices. Start fresh using the Add Device on the Devices tab to claim the base. Sync the cameras. Update the firmware as you go if prompted.