Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
SB64
Follower
Follower

After a short period without problems,  the base station is shown to be "offline" in my account nonwithstading the power-on led and the Internet led are green solid.

I made a reset procedure and try to re-sync the videocameras with the same negative result. Summarizing, the base station seems to be properly connected but it is offline, my videocamersa are not shown anymore in my account and I cannot re-sync them.

Honesty, this is rather an expensive system to have this type of problems. I tried the different solutions menstioned in your support page for similar problems but always unsuccesfully.

I expect a clear explanation about the reason for this problems and a step-by-step procedure to solve it.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Using app or browser?

TwistedTell
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am experiencing similar issues; the base station internet connection is timing out. This has happened three times in the last four hours.   I unplug from the router, and re-plug/connect, and within a minute I'm back up.  This is pretty frustrating.  I'm concerned because I am not able to get to the site everytime it times out to re-plug.

Because of the issues I had when initially trying the setup, I am concerned that I've got a defective base station

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is it the base station or is it the access via app or browser?  I happen to use Chrome and find that I have to log out and back in to get it to work.

TwistedTell
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried all available browsers, not a mobile device, and it isn't necessarily that part of things that is the issue.

What I am noticing is that even though the cameras and base startion are showing as being offline when I log in remotely, I am discovering that the system is recording on motion activation and saving it to my account.  I can't stream video or control the camera to get a snapshot, but the system does seem to be doing its thing, regardless of what the website status screen says. 

Its all very confusing at this point, but it seems that the motion detectors in the cameras are providing the impetus for the base station to come alive and reconnect to the internet so it can send its 10 second bursts of motion capture.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

TwistedTell wrote:

I have tried all available browsers, not a mobile device, and it isn't necessarily that part of things that is the issue.

Try a mobile device.  It would seem to be an issue with the browsers which various people have reported to be an issue.  I don't have the problem other than needing to log out and back in and the app always displays properly for me.  If that's the case for you, something on the computer is an issue which hasn't been worked out for everyone.

TwistedTell
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your input and hints.

As for the mobile app thing, I am slightly disappointed in that I can't find an app specifically for my Windows8 Phone.  Yes, I am probably the only person in the world who uses a Windows phone.  😉    If you know which of the apps in the Windows App Store are compatible with Arlo, I will definitely give it a try.

thanks again!!