Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
jesbuddy7
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have older arlo camera type H7 and H11. Is there any base station with local storage function I can buy to use with my cameras? My current base station is vmb3010r2 and it has usb but i cannot store locally
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dannybear
Master
Master
The VMC3030 refers to the arlo wire free cameras so according to the article, base station’s VMB4000 and above have local storage capabilities and compatible. The availability of the older models like the VMB4000 could pose a problem and the VMB5000 uses memory cards which is a pain. Advantage is you can access the local storage via the app.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dannybear
Master
Master
The Hx reference only relates to the hardware version of the camera when manufactured. The camera model VMC.... can be found inside the camera battery compartment.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/Arlo-SmartHub-and-Base-Station-Compatibility
jesbuddy7
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ah didn't know that. The model of the camera is vmc3030
Dannybear
Master
Master
The VMC3030 refers to the arlo wire free cameras so according to the article, base station’s VMB4000 and above have local storage capabilities and compatible. The availability of the older models like the VMB4000 could pose a problem and the VMB5000 uses memory cards which is a pain. Advantage is you can access the local storage via the app.
jesbuddy7
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks a ton. The naming convention for the older model made me think that this wasnt possible to be connected to newer base station