Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station dead

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MikeSpragg
Aspirant
Aspirant

After a month of operation by base station has died (kind of). I noticed on Sat that the Internet light was amber (all other four lights were green). No matter I thought, turn it off and back on again (usual fix for most things!). On doing this - the five LEDs flashed green and immediately after the power LED went amber. It then stayed this way. Tried on/off a few times (same result). Then tried a reset with pin - didn't make any difference. Just flashes all green on switch on and goes straight to amber and stays that way (even after a few hours).

I can see that the unit appears in the wireless list - but cameras don't link up and using web interface shows all off-line.

Any ideas - or is it just dead ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

She's dead, Jim.  (Quote from Star Trek for youngsters.)

It could be the wall wart or the base. Open a case using the Support link at the top here for more help and an RMA.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

She's dead, Jim.  (Quote from Star Trek for youngsters.)

It could be the wall wart or the base. Open a case using the Support link at the top here for more help and an RMA.

MikeSpragg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, thanks - guessed as much ! Guess I'll have to renew the dilithium crystals !

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MikeSpragg,

From your description, this does not seem to be normal behavior. As jguerdat suggests, consider contacting the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

MikeSpragg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. Unfortunately, as this was bought from Dabs/BT Direct they have collected it today, given me an RMA and then will send it back to you for fixing/warranty repair/replacement. Which is a bit irritating as the unit is 1.5 months old and now I could be up to six weeks away from getting it back 😞

Would be nice if Netgear could send me an interim unit - as I've bought tens of thousands of £'s worth of Netgear kit over the years (reseller). If I'd bought it from a retail shop I'd have gotten an instant replacement due to age. Anything you can do ?!