Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo remote setup

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Franktea
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am setting it up at a friend's house who lives in another state.  How do I have him get access to the cameras and base station without me having it linked to my own phone?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's never linked to any device.  It's associated with the login.  If you're using your own account to set this up, you'll have to grant access using Settings, Grant Access to that person's email address.  If you're setting up using that person's credentials, nothing need be done - they'll just log in as themselves normally.

Franktea
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the follow-up response.  Some more detail;

Currently its setup to my email; I would like to move it to his own account and off of my account,  Can that be done without him physically being at the house?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nope.  To switch accounts, you'll need to remove all devices from his account and set up the system as a new account using his info.  It may be simpler to grant him access with privileges although some things will be missing since it's not the master account.  Just depends on the threshold of pain.

Franktea
Aspirant
Aspirant

In this case it possible to remove all devices from my account, then transfer them to his account if he is remote not at the house?

Thanks,

Frank

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No because you have to treat it as if it had never been set up before.